AmScope ZM2225T Trinocular Stereo Microscope Head, EW10x and EW25x Eyepieces, 2X-225X Zoom Magnification, 0.67X-4.5X Zoom Objective, Includes 0.3x and 2.0x Barlow Lenses
- Stereo microscope head for home or classroom use enables students and hobbyists to inspect biological specimens, rocks, stamps, jewelry, and large specimens that require handling or manipulation
- Trinocular viewing head with pairs of 10x and 25x extreme-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces, adjustable interpupillary distance, a 45-degree inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation to enable sharing
- 0.67x-4.5x zoom objective provides low magnification and longer focal length for inspecting large-scale specimens, a 0.3x Barlow lens extends the working distance, and a 2.0x Barlow lens extends the magnification range
- 3" O-ring style mounting head and 1-7/8" (48mm) female thread accepts a light or Barlow lens (light sold separately)
The AmScope ZM2225T trinocular stereo microscope head has a 0.67x-4.5x zoom objective, interchangeable pairs of 10x22mm and 25x9mm extreme-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces, and two Barlow lenses. The microscope head has a 2x-225x magnification range and a 3" O-ring style mounting ring. The trinocular viewing head has an interpupillary range of 47 to 75mm, a 45-degree inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation to enable sharing. The vertical trinocular port can be used as a C-Mount or 23mm photo port (camera sold separately). The EW10x22mm and EW25x9mm extreme-widefield high-eyepoint eyepieces combine with the 0.67x-4.5x zoom objective to provide a longer working distance for inspecting large-scale specimens that require handling or repair. The microscope comes with 0.3x and 2.0x Barlow lenses that can be added to the objective to increase the magnification range. A Barlow lens with a magnification of less than 1.0 reduces magnification and increases the working distance, while a Barlow lens with a magnification greater than 1.0 increases the magnification and reduces the working distance. High-eyepoint eyepieces ease viewing for users who wear glasses, bilateral dioptric adjustment accommodates individual eye-strength differences, and eye guards ensure comfortable viewing. The optical glass lenses provide sharp images, and are fully-coated to ensure high-resolution images. A stereo microscope, sometimes called an inspection or dissection microscope, has low magnification and a long working distance that enables users to manipulate the object being inspected.
|Eyepieces (30mm)||EW10x22mm, EW25x9mm|
|Trinocular port||C-Mount or 23mm|
|Optical working distance||Up to 14"|
|Field of view||Up to 5-3/4"|
|Head mounting size||3", O-ring style|
|Accessory mounting size||1-7/8" (48mm), female thread|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope trinocular stereo zoom head with 0.67x-4.5x objective
- EW10x eyepieces, one pair
- EW25x eyepieces, one pair
- 0.3x Barlow lens
- 2.0x Barlow lens
- Eye guards, one pair